The December enrollment report from the Washington Healthplanfinder was released today. It includes data from Oct. 1 through Dec. 31, and is a follow-up to the November report. As readers know, last week the exchange released enrollment numbers through Jan. 9. Although the numbers in today’s report are dated, the report includes some extra information on enrollees:
- Of qualified (private) health plans (QHP) purchased through the exchange, 77 percent qualified for the tax credit.
- Of people who are newly covered by Medicaid (whether newly eligible under the expansion or previously eligible but not enrolled), the largest age group is 26-35.
- Of QHP enrollees, the largest age group is 55-64.
- 55.85 percent of QHP enrollees purchased silver plans (they pay 30 percent of the cost of essential health benefits), and 33.64 percent purchased bronze plans (they pay 40 percent).
- Women make up 55 percent of newly covered Medicaid enrollments and 55 percent of QHP enrollments.